Larry Wall Quotes
19 April 2005
This post may be outdated due to it was written on 2005. The links may be broken. The code may be not working anymore. Leave comments if needed.
Larry Wall, Perl 教父。他是位语言学家，所以他说的话挺有味的。
- "We all agree on the necessity of compromise. We just can't agree on when it's necessary to compromise."
I don't know if it's what you want, but it's what you get. :-) -- Larry Wall in <[email protected]>
I think it's a new feature. Don't tell anyone it was an accident. :-) -- Larry Wall on s/foo/bar/eieio in <[email protected]>
-- Larry Wall 对 s/foo/bar/eieio 的说法
Just don't compare it with a real language, or you'll be unhappy... :-) -- Larry Wall in <[email protected]>
Perl itself is usually pretty good about telling you what you shouldn't do. :-) -- Larry Wall in <[email protected]>
Perl programming is an *empirical* science! -- Larry Wall in <[email protected]>
Q. Why is this so clumsy? A. The trick is to use Perl's strengths rather than its weaknesses. -- Larry Wall in <[email protected]>
答：窍门是使用 Perl 的优点而不是它的弱点。
通常来说，如果你认为某个东西在 Perl 中不存在，请试验下，因为通常都是有的。
In general, if you think something isn't in Perl, try it out, because it usually is. :-) --Larry Wall in <[email protected]>
- "If someone stinks, view it as a reason to help them, not a reason to avoid them."
- "Call me bored, but don't call me boring."
- "We question most of the mantras around here periodically, in case you hadn't noticed. :-)"
- "Obviously I was either onto something, or on something."
- "The computer should be doing the hard work. That's what it's paid to do, after all."
- "The following two statements are usually both true:
There's not enough documentation.
There's too much documentation."
blog comments powered by Disqus